Low-performance cartridge heaters
Low-performance cartridge heaters, compared with high-performance and medium-performance cartridge heaters, are suitable for applications with low voltage, or low working temperature, and a low watt density of cartridges (up to 5 W/cm2).
Specification of low-performance cartridge heaters
|Diameter of cartridge heaters||10 mm||12 mm||16 mm||20 mm||25 mm||30 mm|
|Maximum recommended voltage||240 V||240 V||400 V||400 V||400 V||400 V|
|Maximum recommended current – outlets connected outside the cartridge heater||10 A||12 A||15 A||25 A||27 A||30 A|
|Maximum recommended input power (at 230 V) – outlets connected outside the cartridge heater||2,300 W||2,760 W||3,450 W||5,750 W||6,200 W||6,900 W|
|Maximum recommended current – outlets with insulation inserted into the cartridge heater||6 A||11 A||15 A||19.5 A||19.5 A||19.5 A|
|Maximum recommended input power (at 230 V) – outlets with insulation inserted into the cartridge heater||1,380 W||2,530 W||3,450 W||4,480 W||4,480 W||4,480 W|
|Minimum recommended length||40 mm||40 mm||40 mm||60 mm||60 mm||80 mm|
The maximum recommended values of the input power of cartridges at 230 V are defined by the design parameters from the viewpoint of permitted current values. The values of the input power cannot be produced for any length of cartridge heater.
Standard manufactured diameters
ø 10 mm, ø 12 mm, ø 14 mm, ø 15 mm, ø 16 mm, ø 17.2 mm, ø 18 mm, ø 20 mm, ø 22 mm, ø 25 mm, ø 30 mm, ø 32 mm, ø 35 mm, ø 40 mm. Other diameters, tolerance of diameter or the length can be ordered after negotiation.
Diameter: +/- 0.1 mm
Length: +/- 2 mm
- +5%/-10% above 200 W of the nominal input power (measured at working temperature).
- +10%/-10% up to 25 W – 200 W of the nominal input power (measured at working temperature).
- +20% up to 25 W of the nominal input power (measured at working temperature).
Other optional parameters of low-performance cartridge heaters
- Length of non-heating terminals.
- Length and the method of electrical connection, see “Standard electrical connection of cartridge heaters”.
- Fixation of cartridge heater – see. “Standard methods for fixation of cartridge heaters”.
- Heating zone – see “Cartridge heaters with specified heating zones”.
- 3-phase cartridges – only available for some tasks. Consultation is required in the case of a request.
- Material of the sheath for low-performance cartridge heaters: AISI 304 (up to 600 °C), brass – version is only available for some cartridge heaters diameters (up to 400°C).
- Built-in thermocouple
- Built-in thermal limiter – used for heating liquids; only available for some diameters of cartridge heaters.
- Version with both-ended outlets (more information on request).
- Reinforced bottom for easy cartridge heater ejection.